Powered By Blogger

Site Meter

About Me

My photo
Auckland, North Island, New Zealand
Wine tour operator, wine writer and lapsed physiotherapist. "Nature abhors a vacuum. I personally hate dusting."

Followers

Thursday, August 19, 2010

A bit of southern humour

I run wine tours in Auckland NZ.  I drink therefore I am.

Okay ...while on my recent break down south (NZ that is, Skiing, Speights, wild boar, Pinot Noir etc.) this gem of local humour emerged:

The daughter-in law's partner was on a hunting trip with a fresh faced newbie from further north.  They arrived at a local paddock, unload the ute of guns and gear.  Newbie boy looks around.
"So what's with all the filing cabinets in the field?"
Others: "Filing cabinets?"
"Yeah - look.  Over there."
Daughter-in law's partner: " Oh yeah! They contain individual files on each of the sheep, so the farmer can update the information on the sheep 'in the field.'


No comments:

Post a Comment