Powered By Blogger

Site Meter

About Me

My photo
Auckland, North Island, New Zealand
Wine tour operator, wine writer and lapsed physiotherapist. "Nature abhors a vacuum. I personally hate dusting."

Followers

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Joe Walsh - One Hit Wonder - but what a goodie!!


1974. I was cleaning the Government Print Office as an after school job in my final year in high school.


I would go in there after the print people had finished for the day and clean up the floors, toilets and offices. Just me in a big empty, spooky print shop smelling of ink and solvents - but the saving grace was a huge AM valve radio, pumping out the local roack station top 20.


One of the songs I boogied around to: Joe Walsh's Rocky Mountain Way.

Along with Jet by Wings, The Man Who Sold the World by Lulu and Golden Earring's Radar Love.
Joe joined the Eagles and disappeared as a headline act in his own name. He could check out any time he likes, but he can never leave.


No comments:

Post a Comment