Powered By Blogger

Site Meter

About Me

My photo
Auckland, North Island, New Zealand
Wine tour operator, wine writer and lapsed physiotherapist. "Nature abhors a vacuum. I personally hate dusting."

Followers

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

A bit of a flap

As you probably are aware - I do wine tours in Auckland.

On Sunday, I had to pick up a couple from a city hotel at 10.00 for a half day tour. The vehicle petrol gauge was almost on empty but I had allowed time to fill up on the way to the pick-up.

I pulled into Shell, pulled the petrol cap lever by the seat - went round the side. Flap would not not open.

Got back in, pulled the petrol cap lever - went round the side. Flap would not open.

Said (insert bad word here) ! Started to panic. 5 minutes to pick up my clients and no petrol. Shit shit shit.Had visions of borrowing a can opener or a crowbar just so I could get the effing flap open. Rediscovered Christianity - made short but heartfelt plea to the Almighty.

Crawled under driver's seat, pulled on as many random cables as I could find.

Finally the flap opened after I flicked a credit card into the gap. (the spring lock thing was buggered). I was 10 min late for clients - luckily they were laid-back Uruguayans and we all had a happy day. Thanks be to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment