Powered By Blogger

Site Meter

About Me

My photo
Auckland, North Island, New Zealand
Wine tour operator, wine writer and lapsed physiotherapist. "Nature abhors a vacuum. I personally hate dusting."

Followers

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Down South for A While

Greetings from Arrowtown in Central Otago.  We are away for 8 days checking out the deep south as a retirement option - slash-  bolt hole if the economy falls over totally.  The theory is that ab fab properties here will be going for a song in about 12 months.  At present, some apartments which were going for $500K two years ago are worth $200K now.  Also it's a chance to catch up with my partner's family and (ahem) do some wine related research of the famous Central Otago wine region.

As I sit, TVNZ's Good Morning is on the telly (a sort of B grade talent show for Celebridies and homely infomercial actors).  My daughter in law is hosting us so I feel I should leave it on. 

The view (I'll post pics when I can) snow-topped mountain peaks and powder blue skies. *sigh* Someone has to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment