Powered By Blogger

Site Meter

About Me

My photo
Auckland, North Island, New Zealand
Wine tour operator, wine writer and lapsed physiotherapist. "Nature abhors a vacuum. I personally hate dusting."

Followers

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

It's nearly Wednesday

Phil Parker takes wine tours around Auckland New Zealand

I just realised that I posted two video links last week - one from a Cockatoo who dances better than I do, and one from a four year-old boy who drums as well as I do. 
Anyway I got my own blog - so nerny nerny ner ner. In Your Face 4 y/o drummer boy!

I still can't design the blog they way it was before, as the Blogger Inc. site seems to have re-set all the design elements. I'm not the only one - others bloggers have had the same drama. Still, I quite like the new settings because it's full page and easier to read for the over 40s with long-sightedness.

Today I also reflected on Murphy's Law.
I could add another - Parker's Law of Dropped Objects:  When ever you drop something, it will almost always roll away to, or land in, the worst possible and/or inaccessible place.
E.g. Cleaning the coffee plunger.  Undid the nut that holds everything on the spindle - the nut sprang loose and promptly plopped down the kitchen sink plug hole.
E.g. 'Fixing' the dish washer. Trying to reassemble the door - the tiny screw slips and falls into the hidden hinge mechanism.

Tomorrow - off to Matakana for a full day tour for two.  Not sure what nationality they are - they booked through Tourism Auckland travel desk ... could be French?  Dunno - the name sounds a tad Gallic.  So I may get to practice the 5th from French.  Anyway, looking forward to revisiting Brick Bay and Heron's Flight.

More wine reviews to follow ... watchez cette espace mes Amis!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment